NeuFit® is a leading provider of direct current (DC) therapy equipment, helping people rehabilitate and recover through advanced electrical stimulation therapy. Founded in 2017 by CEO Garrett Salpeter, the company has also assisted physical therapists, chiropractors, and other professionals in growing their businesses by offering the benefits of the NeuFit system.
The Story of NeuFit
The story of NeuFit dates back to 2007, when Salpeter, who was studying physics and engineering and playing college hockey, suffered a wrist injury that required surgery. However, a chiropractic neurologist introduced him to functional neurology and early forms of DC devices as an alternative treatment. Salpeter used himself as a test subject and was able to heal his ligaments in just three weeks using DC devices, enabling him to avoid surgery and return to hockey.
This sparked his interest in the nervous system and how it could be used to help people heal. He even started treating some of his hockey teammates in his dorm room with DC devices, noticing better results compared to AC devices and traditional therapy.
To further his knowledge, Salpeter dedicated himself to self-study and took graduate level neuroscience classes. In 2009, he opened his first clinic in a small room within a chiropractor's office. As he gained more experience, he became convinced that he could create a more effective device to help people recover. In 2015, he started developing the Neubie® device, and NeuFit was eventually launched in 2017. Since then, the company has experienced significant growth and has helped thousands of people unlock their healing potential and achieve significant results.
The NeuFit team
Our passion for helping patients as caregivers is contagious, and it has brought us together as a talented and driven group to bring the NeuFit Method to practices everywhere. Each of us brings a unique area of expertise that helps inform our work and shape our vision.
- Engineer & Neuroscientist
- Started first clinic in 2009
- Creator of The NEUBIE device
- Owner of multiple US Patents
- Proud Husband & Father of 2 beautiful girls
- Always pushing the limits of human recovery and performance
- Former College Hockey Player
- BA-Business & Industrial Psychology
- Interests: Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion in the PT space
- 10+ years Marketing leadership
- Certified Institute for Integrative Nutrition Health Coach
- Practicing HerbalistDance Mom of 2
- Graduate of the University of Texas at Austin- BA Biology
- Background in Medical Device Sales
- Former College Polo Player
- Began as a NeuFit client in 2016 and has been working with NeuFit since 2018
- Enjoys wake-surfing and hiking with her two dogs, Otis and Miles
- PhD in Neuroscience; research focus in neurotrauma and inflammation
- Fellowship, UT Austin; PhD, Uniformed Services University; BS, Brown University
- Two time National Research Service Award Recipient
- 6+ years working closely with Armed Forces Medical Corp
- Former D1 College Softball player
- Kickboxing instructor
- Proud dog mom to one of Austin Fit Magazine's Fittest Dogs
- Baking and outdoor adventure enthusiast
- Enjoys running, dance, yoga, and muay thai
- BA Social and Behavioral Sciences from the University of Alabama at Birmingham
- Enjoys camping with her husband, son, and two rescue dogs.
- Avid yogi
- Joined the NeuFit team in 2019
- BS in Business Management from California State University of San Marcos
- Former Soccer & Track & Field Athlete
- Enjoys health & fitness for a better quality of life
- Southern California native
- Joined the NeuFit team in 2020
- B.S. Kinesiology from Penn State; Doctorate of Physical Therapy from Washington University in St. Louis
- Experience: Practicing Physical Therapist for 10+ years, specializing primarily in Neuro and Trauma Rehabilitation
- Hobbies: Traveling in and out of the country, early morning workouts, and adventuring outside with her dogs Minnie & Winston
- My hobbies include playing basketball and lifting weights. I can juggle. Steak is my favorite food.
- I was born in New Orleans, Louisiana.
- I have a Masters degree in Sports Science. I love learning about the human body and strength training.
- I enjoy working at Neufit because of how rewarding the work is. Everyone can benefit from Neufit sessions. Seeing people with Neurological diseases, chronic pain, bodybuilders, and animals (dogs/horses) benefit from the same machine is nothing short of miraculous.
- Originally from Memphis, Tennessee.
- Competitive ultimate frisbee player, traveling to compete in tournaments with teams from all around the country
- An avid golfer and disc golfer
- Has a passion for treating patients in rotational sports and finding creative ways to engage and educate patients about their health
- Doctor of Physical Therapy from University of St Augustine
- Working primarily with MS patients and other neurologic diseases
- Former college softball player
- Colorado Native
- Enjoys hiking, lifting weights, and running
- Originally from the DFW area and graduated from the University of St Augustine Austin campus in 2015
- Gained her neurology clinical specialty certification in 2019
- Has a strong passion for working with neurological disorders and diagnoses
- Spends most of her free time exploring with my very spoiled pups
- BS in Sport Management with a minor in Business from University of Texas at Austin
- Enjoys playing all sports, spending time outdoors and quality time with friends and family
- Former competitive hip hop dancer
- BESS in Health and Fitness Management with a minor in Business Administration from Texas State University
- Former Cross Country and Track Athlete
- Certified Zumba Instructor
- Native Houstonian
- Hobbies include running, watching celebrity documentaries, spending time with my friends and family, and chasing after pets, Lola and Lucy.
- Highly Experienced Outpatient Orthopedic Physical Therapy Rehab Specialist
- Founder of Yo Ed Sessions
- Baritone Vocalist
- Member Austin Oaks Church
- Enjoys jogging, racquetball, conditioning workouts, tennis, volleyball and hanging with my Shih Tsu whose name is Harmony.
- Neufit Trainer
- Proud Mom of beautiful twin daughters.
- Leader of No Excuse Moms Austin, TX
- Director of Operations at Texican Cafe
- Motto: "Be easy to love, hard to break and impossible to forget."
- Bachelor of Science in Kinesiology at St. Edward's University
- Played collegiate basketball at St. Edward's University and former CrossFit competitor
- Mobility Specialist with Functional Range Systems - FRCms, FRAs
- My passion for helping others stems from my personal injury experiences (4 knee surgeries).
- I look forward to helping clients thrive and perform well for life
- Native Austinite
- UT Austin grad, Physical Culture and Sport
- Worked at Neufit HQ since 2016
- Workout Junkie
- Loves spending time with his wife Natalie and their 5 month old puppy, Billy.
- Graduate of the University of Texas at Austin- BSA Neuroscience
- Works as a Neurofeedback Provider during the week
- Former competitive swimmer
- Enjoys hot yoga, mountain biking, and long hikes with her doggo
- “You must find the place inside yourself where nothing is impossible.” -Deepak Chopra
Focus on Solutions
At NeuFit, we believe that all of our clients have the innate ability to heal, evolve, and thrive.
Together, we strive to accomplish shared objectives through collaboration.
We value a culture of creativity and consistent progress.
Lead by example
We prioritize living a healthy lifestyle that aligns with our values and goals.
We are committed to consistently putting in our best effort in all tasks and endeavors.
We approach each day with energy and enthusiasm.
We are always open and honest in our communication, and we treat everyone with respect.
We recognize the value and potential of every person we work with.
As leaders in our community, we seek opportunities to support and empower others.